The School of Business and Public Administration makes every effort to support the success and growth of all students. With programs designed to meet the needs of businesses of every size and industry, BPA students and graduates are well-prepared to address the challenging issues facing businesses and organizations in our region.
We have built and continue to maintain strong relationships with local business, government and nonprofit agencies throughout Kern County. It is with these relationships that we are able to offer BPA students Internship and Job Opportunities specific to their chosen careers and in return those business retain highly qualified interns and future employees.
DEADLINE FAST APPROACHING
Applications for two $56,000 Fellowships Due Friday, February 22nd, 2019
Fresno, CA (January 14th, 2019) – Through the generosity of The Wonderful Company, San Joaquin Valley students will have the opportunity to become the next generation of Valley leaders through The Wonderful Public Service Graduate Fellowship. This program provides financial assistance for Valley students to help them obtain an advanced degree from a top graduate program and then return to apply what they have learned to help make the San Joaquin Valley a better place to live, work, and raise a family.
The Maddy Institute will award two $56,000 Fellowships to Valley students who are accepted into a nationally ranked, qualified graduate program in the fall of 2019. This Fellowship, now in its fourth year, is made possible by a generous gift from Lynda and Stewart Resnick, co-owners of The Wonderful Company. The Resnicks are dedicated to making the Central Valley a better place to live, work, and learn, and share the Maddy Institute’s commitment to opportunity and excellence in education for regional youth. Please visit here for a general overview of the Fellowship.
Application must be postmarked, delivered, emailed, or faxed by 5:00 p.m. PDT on Friday, February 22nd, 2019.
• Completed Application: All sections must be completed and signed.
• Resume: Must be current and completed. Your resume should include GPA (overall and for the last two years), major, and any honors received.
• Personal Statement: Not to exceed three pages, single-spaced. Your statement should include: Why should you be selected as a Wonderful Public Service Fellow? What makes you the best choice to receive this fellowship? Once you graduate, how do you plan to use this knowledge to benefit the Central Valley?
• College Transcripts: Copies are acceptable. Your name must appear on the document. Official transcripts indicating expected graduation date and degree will be required of applicants selected for the program.
• Letters of Recommendation: Submit three letters of recommendation. It is strongly suggested that at least one faculty member familiar with your work provide one of the recommendations. Each letter must be submitted in a sealed envelope, with the recommender’s signature across the seal.
• Must have a 3.0 overall GPA or higher;
• Must be applying or have been accepted into a graduate degree program in the field of Public Policy, Public Affairs, Public Administration, Social Welfare, Urban Planning, or MBA program for entry in fall 2019.
Executive Director - The Maddy Institute?
Foundation Building. California State University
4910 E. Chestnut Ave. OF 43.
Fresno, CA 93726?? ?
Office: (559) 278-1133?
Fax: (559) 278-1167??
About The Maddy Institute
The Maddy Institute was established to engage, prepare and inspire the next generation of government leaders and civil servants. Activities primarily focus on Citizen Participation, Policy Research and Leadership Training. Leadership Training programs consist primarily of an extensive government intern program for college students throughout the Valley, as well as The Wonderful Public Service Graduate Fellowship.
To learn more about The Maddy Institute, its products and core values, visit www.maddyinstitute.org, or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
About The Wonderful Company
The Wonderful Company is a privately held $4 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world. Its iconic brands include FIJI Water, POM Wonderful, Wonderful Pistachios & Wonderful Almonds, Wonderful Halos, Teleflora, JUSTIN Wines, and Landmark Wines.
The Wonderful Company’s connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. The company has a longstanding commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $200 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $50 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $100 million toward the construction of two charter school campuses in California’s Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and core values, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Wonderful Citrus Internship Program offers hands-on experience in the field with mentorship from experienced professionals. Whether you want to grow your career in agriculture, engineering or
business, we have great opportunities for emerging leaders!
Our objective is to provide an educational, paid internship experience, at the undergraduate level that is directly related to the students' goals and prepared them for real world employment demands
Requirements for consideration: online application, resume & cover letter detailing which internship you are applying for. Closing date: March 1st, 2019.
A3 Bakersfield (A3 Sports & Wellness, Inc.) provides all-sports performance training, strength/conditioning programs, and general fitness for student athletes, adults, professional athletes, seniors, and everyone in between! We have been serving Kern County since 2013. Our premier facility is located in Southwest Bakersfield just west of Gosford Village. We are an approved off-campus instructional site for the CSUB Kinesiology Department and also accept Kinesiology interns every semester. Athletes’ Advantage Academy, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that was founded
in 2014, and it has been serving athletes in Bakersfield since its inception. Athletes’ Advantage Academy is dedicated to radically optimizing human health, fitness, and athletic performance in our community through education, inspiration, and competition for people of all ages and abilities. Our mission is delivered through three key programs:
1) scholarships and mentorships for student athletes; 2) fitness and wellness programs for veterans and first responders; and 3) inclusive programs and adaptive sports for athletes with special needs.
A3 Bakersfield (A3 Sports & Wellness, Inc.) and our nonprofit Athletes’ Advantage Academy are seeking interns for 2019!
We have positions available in the following areas:
-Sales & Customer Service
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com.