Department of Public Policy and Administration
- For fall admissions to CSUB’s MPA, you should apply by April 15 for priority consideration; or, by June 15 for late consideration.
- When applying for Post-baccalaureate (Graduate) admissions, indicate the MPA as your degree objective, this will signal the Graduate Admission Office to send your file to us for review.
- ADMISSIONS CRITERIA - Be sure to review carefully the Admissions Criteria for CSUB and for the MPA programs in the official catalog. However, in general:
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university;
- A grade point average of not less than 3.00 in all undergraduate course work;
- For all applicants, the program requires a written statement of interest, two letters of recommendation (at least one academic), a professional resume, and other relevant material about professional qualifications and experience.
- Students with GPAs of 2.75-2.99 may be accepted on a conditional basis if the applicant has an MPA-relevant employment history. Decisions will be made by the Degree Program Director and the program will monitor the percentage of conditional admissions by semester.
- For applicants whose preparatory education is principally in a language other than English, a TOEFL score of 550 or higher (or 213 on the conversation scale for the computer-based TOEFL exam)